Sunday 23 September 2012

The Goat and the Heathen by Jessa Callaver

The Goat and the Heathen (2nd ed.)The Goat and the Heathen by Jessa Callaver
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the second book I've read by Jessa Callaver, and I loved it as much as the first! She has such a way with words; her descriptions are absolutely amazing.

The Goat and the Heathen is a short story about two roommates who agree to have a threesome, so the more bold of the two finds a guy and sets it up. Needless to say, things get hot and steamy and deliciously romantic.

As I said, the author uses amazing descriptions. It's so easy to picture what you're reading in your head. The writing is clean and very well developed. In writing short stories it's often hard to bring out personalities and get a complete story, but this author does an amazing job. I love the characters she creates. Aja is a little unsure of herself but willing to try new things, Olivia is obviously outgoing and fun loving, and Hayden is sweet and sexy.

I had always wondered about the title of this book…it seems rather odd. But, at the end of the book we get to find out the meaning!

I really hope Jessa will someday write a longer novel, or at least keep writing short stories! I will read everything she writes!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment