Wednesday 28 August 2013

Stage Fright by Michelle Scott

Stage FrightStage Fright by Michelle Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After a nightmare of an audition that chases her off the stage, Cassie is back in the theater working behind the scenes. But plagued by nightmares and unexplainable crippling fear, Cassie is determined to find out just what happened to her the last time she was on stage. Enter dark and mysterious Isaiah, and Cassie's life may never be the same.

Being a fan of Michelle Scott's previous work, I was excited to see the release of her newest novel, Stage Fright. I always say the characters make a story, and in this case they did not disappoint. I positively love Cassie. She is smart, tough, and passionate, but she is very human, which is her best quality. She is not perfect – but she realizes this and doesn't try to be something she's not. The story is written from Cassie's point of view, and her head was a fun place to be. What then can I say about Andrew? Every girl needs a friend like him. He is a great friend to Cassie, and they complement each other's personalities. Isaiah is a bit enigmatic, but that of course is part of his charm. Together with his sidekick, Perry, they save the world, one damsel in distress at a time. I love Isaiah, especially once he starts opening up a bit, but Perry is definitely the fun one of the group.

The concept of the book is unique with just enough mystery, suspense, and intrigue to make me keep guessing to the end. There were a lot of other characters in this novel besides those mentioned above, and their lives were so intertwined I never knew who Cassie should be trusting – in the end I guess it is probably better not to trust anyone because no one is as they seem.

Thank you to the author for providing me with a copy of this book. I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be looking for more in the series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment